Delicadeza is a Spanish term which when translated in English means daintiness. It is defined as an act of being refined or delicate in tastes or manners. But in simple terms, its commonly referred to as a sense of propriety or how to behave rightly in all circumstances.
To be branded “without delicadeza” is probably the strongest insult that one can hurl at a someone else. This is because the word is associated with honor. In many cultures, people die to protect their honor.
- Leonor Magtolis Briones
Delicadeza - tact, discretion, consideration
1. Some people have the habit of digging their own graves. Or to put it lightly, sinking themselves in deeper holes. (ay, lightly ba yun?) and THEN when they get noticed and talked about, they say that those people have no delicadeza...Hmmm.
2. Honor. Palabra de honor. Dignity. Credibility. Same banana, different peel.
3. People can forget knocking on doors before entering mainly because they think they're still living in that house.
4. When in doubt, do not use mouth. Use brain first.
5. It's always better to ask than to assume (and eventually believe it's the truth)...
6. Own up. Denial is a chronic disease.
7. Say "hi" or "hello". Smile. Rather than pretend you didn't see someone else for the sake of avoiding the premise. (Di naman kasi lahat ng tao nangangagat). - refined manners please.
Disclaimer: Everything in "I learned" does not mean I do. Relax.
Shine on and be happy!!!