Sunday, December 6, 2009

We're so Red,Green, and Gold


I live in a happy house with the person I love, my son, and two of my friends who are technically my family. They got married recently and so a lot of new "firsts" have begun for them. One of these firsts is the Christmas tree they put I up which now proudly stands on our sala bedecked with Christmas ornaments.

I forgot what "ber" months mean until I came home from a Saturday night out shocked to see this happy tree. It took me about 10 seconds to realize that the Christmas season has begun. Being the nomad that I am, I vaguely remember the last time I've lived in a house that had a Christmas tree for well, Christmas. Christmas trees always reminded me of family, Noche Buena, and a meaningful celebration. This tree reminded me all of that and more...

So this month I shall be going to my mom. I am excited because it will be a family Christmas for me (real family) and my son. I shall go home and celebrate Christmas for what it was really meant for. This will also be a first for me, in many, many years. (I shall buy a new camera to capture more firsts that will come along with this.)

2009 has been a great year for me. This Christmas will be great.

...oh and the book cabinet has a lay above it with twinkling Christmas lights. I shall not forget too that this is the first time I've ever seen a Christmas lay hugging a sala mirror that says "Miller Beer"...

Shine on and be happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment