Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just beCause

Jeez. I'm turning 28 on the 23rd. Aiks. For the past 10 years, I could not recall a memorable birthday celebration. Haha. It's either my special day turns out to be ordinary, or something else is more important than celebrating it, or nobody bothers to make it extra special but me. C'mon, I spent my debut doing a fashion show for someone else's debut (her cotillon was the fashion show).

This year, being active and all in the local indie music scene, I planned on having a charity gig for the streetchildren. We've done it (on another prod) last Christmas and it was a success. I'm doing it again. I just want to give back. I feel blessed the past year and a half - having my partner and all... 8 artists/musicians agreed to play during the gig at D Bar, proceeds will go to a feeding program for street kids. I have coordinated with my friend, Jad's mom regarding the charity house. Hmmm. I hope it becomes successful. Luckily, Paulo - the bar's main man, agreed to do this with me. He's got a good heart and a soft spot for street kids too. I just need to campaign for it well so donations would grow. I'm not really counting much on the money we'll be getting on the gig night itself, but on the financial donations people around me might spare. *CROSSES FINGERS*

It's a great feeling to be able to help out and see these children's smiles. Wish me luck!!!

Shine on and be happy!!!

5 comments:

  1. I like your noble idea. Go and do it Kar..God sees it and will reward you. Your heart is gold and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ate Bing. Yep, the gig is pushing through...I'm excited and anxious...I hope a lot of people will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ey, thanks ms. jess! you really came! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Musta na ang gig?How is it going?
    Anyway, Kar, I have a favor ...please change my URL into my new URL...http://www.ilovehateamerica.com
    Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete