Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Domesticated Weekend

Last Thursday night, I was already concrete on my plans for the weekend. Big dinosaur's (the boyfriend) band was supposed to have a gig on Friday and I planned that on Saturday, we'll go to his place - and stay over til Sunday. Friday came and big dinosaur got sick. Their drummer texted and said he's sick too. Everybody's sick, must be the weather.

So after my work Friday night, I headed home and bid my Friday night unwinding goodbye. Oh boy, big dinosaur WAS sick. Yesterday, I told him to rest the entire day and I'd do the house chores. We usually divide house chores. I remembered that my dad told me to have chicken soup when we're sick so I texted him and ask what kind of chicken soup should I prepare (and told him I was sick too). He said I should cook "talunan" - a native kind of chicken soup with lots of tomatoes and ginger. My dad is a great cook. I am too, I believe. Our difference though is that his food has names, mine does not. I have eaten his Talunan forever and it tastes really yummy. I have never tried cooking it though.

Yesterday's attempt was successful as big dinoasaur liked the soup. I even put 3 pieces of long chillis to add spice to it - goodluck mucus. Hehe. Today I think he feels better. He's not even here now. He went to the mall to attend to some music-related stuff. Before he left I said I missed watching tv. We used to have cable and we had it cut off because nobody watches tv. Drei, our housemate, says we can surf the news on the net anyway. We have wifi connection at home and usually, the four of us go to our separate spots and tinker with our laptops. No one watches tv. Both of the tv sets here don't have the "rabbit" antennas so we can't even see the local channels. Now I miss watching tv. It's Sunday and it's showbiz talkshow day. I can't watch them. We can surf the news on the net but I can't watch showbiz talkshows on the net. Haha. Don't get me wrong, I'm not after each celebrity's scandalous life. I'm just amused watching Boy, Kris, and Ruffa - three of the wittiest tv people I've seen.

Here I am, in front of my laptop, as usual. I give myself 30 minutes more then I'm off to wash the dishes, do my laundry, and probably clean the comfort room too.

How was your weekend?



Music: No Lovechild, Corrine Bailey Rae

Shine on and be happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment