Thursday, March 19, 2009

Strike 3...and you're OUT!

Today I woke up a bit later than my usual waking up time. Ugh, blame it on last night's extended party at the house. It was already 1pm and I was still about to eat my lunch. I ate as fast as I could, without drinking water in between munches. I needed to finish fast or else I'll be late. My work starts at 2pm by the way.

1:15 pm: I headed outside to wait for a cab. It was terribly hot so I shaded myself under the big palm tree.

1:20 pm: It seems like it's Sunday morning. A few cars here and there. No taxi yet, no jeepney. I waited and waited and gave my hair a few flips, checked my nails, shifted weight from leg to leg.

1:25 pm: Still no taxi, no jeepney. My face is sweaty and I felt like running back home to take shower number 2.

1:28 pm: I sent a text message to big dinosaur habeeh, and said there are no PUV's at all. I thought there was a sudden rerouting or there was an accident somewhere up and no vehicles could pass.

As he went out of our house and approached towards where I was, my cellphone beeped. A text message from housemate-friend: STRIKE. DO YOU HAVE WORK? Ngeeeeeek! No PUV's because there's a strike, you idiot!!! Then big dinosaur habeeh came, with a big question mark on his face. "Strike". Hrrrrrrr.

This is part 2 of the strike the PUV drivers staged because of the allegedly high penalty rates LTO is imposing and if LTO does not give in to their demands, the strike will go on for 3 days. C'mon! Why the hell demand for the LTO to lower penalty rates? So the abusive drivers may just go on with all the stupid violations they've been doing on the streets and afford to pay the penalty?! If "not wearing seatbelt" costs P1,200, then wear the seatbelt! If LTO gives in, then they're dumb. If the strike goes on, then the drivers are dumber. Sorry. Just my opinion.


Shine on and be happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment